Chancellor Park Primary School’s Sports Funding 2014
The Government is providing additional funding of £150 million per year for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – is allocated to primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. Chancellor Park Primary School has bought into the Chelmsford Schools Sports’ Partnership (CSSP) which provides competitions in a variety of sports and also training to support teaching staff.
We have put in place an action plan to ensure this funding will improve our PE provision across the school. We plan to use this funding as stated below;
* Buying into the Chelmsford School Sports Partnership.
* Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with teachers and children during PE sessions.
* Providing a ‘Change4Life’ club (starting after October 2013 half-term)
* Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
* Attending more sporting competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games.
* Ensuring the school has the correct sports equipment to teach a broad and varied curriculum.
* To provide swimming lessons to non-swimmers in Key Stage 2.
From September 2013, we will be held to account over how we spend our additional, ring-fenced funding.
Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE is assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.
If you have any questions or queries regarding our PE provision please do not hesitate to come and ask me. Many thanks, Miss Crow Sports leader at Chancellor Park Primary School
The following document is a PDF. In order to open these you require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please click here to download
Sports Funding 2013
Sports Funding 2014
PE Action Plan/Sports Provision 2014-2015